Duncanville AC Repair
Quality Heating Repairs in Duncanville and the Surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth Areas
Whenever heating or air conditioning machines break down, it always seems to occur at the worst possible time. You may wake up in the middle of a cold December night because your feet are freezing when the furnace suddenly stops working. Or perhaps you have friends gathered for a Fourth of July celebration when the AC malfunctions, and everyone is left sweltering in the blazing summer heat. No matter what the scenario is, having your HVAC system fail is a giant hassle.
Fortunately, you do not have to be left stranded after a sudden disaster when you have Norman Aire by your side. For all your HVAC needs, our qualified team members can offer excellent Duncanville AC repair and heating repair. Do not worry about looking for repairs even in the dead of night or on the weekends, since we are ready twenty-four hours a day all week long.
Signs Your Heater/AC Units Need to Be Fixed
Despite the fact that it seems heating and cooling systems always break down at the most inconvenient moment, there are usually subtle signs that something is going wrong before a complete malfunction occurs. Knowing the warning signals before disaster strikes is the best way of preventing the worst, and it can also save you from paying for costly replacement parts as well.
Some of the warning signs that there may be trouble brewing in your cooling or heating units include:
- Strange grinding, creaking, groaning, or rattling sounds
- Odd burning smells or unusual odors
- The unit is slow to start or shut off
- The system says it is “on” but no air is blowing
- Warm air is being emitted from your AC unit or cool air is blowing from the heater
- The system shuts off by itself
If you notice any signs your heater or AC need repairs, don't hesitate to call (972) 608-3228 today!
Common Causes of HVAC Problems
Because of how many components and parts make up your heating and AC units, there are many possible reasons why your system is malfunctioning.
Some of the most common causes of HVAC issues include:
- A lack of maintenance: During routine maintenance, a technician will be able to identify small issues in need of repair and fix them before they become larger and/or more costly issues. A lack of maintenance leads to these small issues growing, poor energy efficiency, and higher repair costs down the line.
- Leaks: Both high efficiency heating and AC units produce condensate when they run. That's why they're equipped with drain pipes to ensure the condensate drains properly. If there's a clog or crack in the drainage pipe, it will cause your unit to leak.
- Dirty filters: To ensure the performance of your HVAC unit, it's important that you get your air filters cleaned and changed regularly. Dirty filters restrict air flow, causing your units to work that much harder. When your unit has to work harder to circulate the air, it puts unnecessary strain on it, which can lead to more issues.
- Dirty condenser or evaporator coils: When dirt and debris clog the condenser or evaporator coils, it significantly reduces the efficiency of your unit, causing it to work harder.
- Pilot or ignition problems: Whether you have a dirty pilot light or your unit keeps short cycling, it's important to leave it for a trained technician to inspect and repair. This is especially the case if you have a gas powered unit, as it can be extremely dangerous to work with natural gas if you're not trained to do so.
- Blown fuses or tripped breakers: These are usually caused by your blower working too hard. Your blower overworks when the air filter is too dirty. Other causes of blown fuses and tripped breakers include dirty coils and duct leaks.
- Thermostat issues: Oftentimes, people will think that an AC or heating unit that isn't reaching a desired temperature is due to a problem with the unit itself. However, many times the issue is due to the thermostat malfunctioning. This could be due to batteries dying or a larger issue with the mechanical components of the thermostat.
- Mechanical wear and tear: As your unit ages, it experiences normal wear and tear. However, because your AC and heating units are composed of many internal parts, the wear and tear can cause your unit to strain to heat or cool your home properly, leading to further issues.
Fixing Minor Repairs to Avoid Major Breakdowns
The moment that you suspect that something may be wrong with your heating or cooling unit, it is important to call our technicians right away. Our team of experts have a vast knowledge of all types of cooling and heating systems. We can rapidly fix a small issue before it develops into a larger problem. In many cases, simply changing the filters or cleaning the air ducts can solve the issue, which will simultaneously make your systems run more efficiently.
This will use less energy overall and dramatically decrease the cost of your electric bills.
On the other hand, if you delay in scheduling a consultation with a qualified technician, your heating/cooling system is liable to have more serious parts malfunction. Dirty ducts or vents not only reduce the quality of breathable air in your home, filling the atmosphere with tiny particles of mold, dust, fungi, and bacteria, but they can lead to highly expensive parts to become completely eroded over time. Save yourself time and money by reaching out to Norman Aire before you have a much costlier problem on your hands. We offer same day services for any emergency you may encounter.
Properly Trained Team
20+ Years in Dallas-Fort Worth
A+ Rating With BBB
Upfront, Flat Rate Pricing